<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Hello! 

My feet hurt. That isn't unusual these days; in the six weeks or so since I've arrived in Kuala Lumpur, I've been walking a lot. And I mean a lot. A friend of mine joked yesterday that if I had ten sens (Malaysian pennies) for every step I've climbed up and down since I've been here, I could retire. (One US dollar is worth about 3.8 Malaysian ringgit, or about 380 sens. Do the math for your idea of what it takes to retire). He was joking, but on days like this, it doesn't feel like he was by much.

That being said, I am glad to be here. I've visited 22 countries and lived in seven, and I feel like I have more personal freedom here than in most places I've lived - certainly more than in George W. Bush's and Ariel Sharon's imitation America. I have one project to work on (but am certainly looking for more - to see my CV, please click here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?