<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 02, 2005

Reality Sometimes Stinks 


I've been going through a few major life changes here lately...


  • I'm no longer affiliated in any way with Cilix Corporation Sdn Bhd of Kuala Lumpur; if anybody is interested in the details, please contact me separately;

  • I'm still going through more drama than I'd care to in my personal life. I don't think I'm asking for the unattainable in a woman; just someone who can hold my interest on all levels and can accept me the way I am...

  • The 'old' laptop, a Fujitsu LifeBook C2210, which has been failing for some time now, seems less and less likely to last beyond my birthday (6 January, for those of you who have ideas). It was a great Linux PC and an OK Microsoft Windows PC; its main limitations in Windows were:

    • Microsoft Windows, and

    • it was bundled with Microsoft Windows XP Toy Home, which, even if you're unshakably committed to Microsoft Windows in general, should be avoided like bird flu; either get XP Pro or do The Right Thing and get a Mac - or at least put BSD or Linux on your PC. Anyway....


    dauntless, as the PC is named, is in need of hardware repairs that would cost at least half as much as a new (desktop) system. So, I'm saving my pennies again...

  • I expect to be a lot more active for the next few weeks on my other blog, Archimedes Lever: Observations on the craft and art of software development. Moving the world with a virtual toothpick. I'd be glad to know what you think of the things I have to say over there, which are more related to my work than this blog is. Thanks again.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?